Makes: 1 Sandwich
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Slices Whole Grain Bread
- 3 Slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 C Spinach, shredded
- 2 Pitted Dates, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C Lite Shredded 3-Blend Cheese
- Dash of Black Pepper
1. Heat George Foreman, grill, or skillet on medium heat.
2. Assemble sandwich by putting down prosciutto, spinach, date slices, cheese, and pepper. Put sandwich together and put on the heat.
3. Let cook for about 5 minutes on each side if on skillet or grill, or about 8 minutes on George Foreman grill or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
4. Cut in two, let the cheesy goodness stretch out, and enjoy!
500 calories, 78g carbs, 13g fat, 32g protein, 7g fiber
Dates on a sandwich? You know it! This mix of sweet and salty goes perfect on a panini. I got the idea from one of my friend’s parties where she served bacon-wrapped dates as an appetizer, and they were so delicious! I catch myself dreaming about them occasionally…however, not super healthy for you with the bacon. I think of prosciutto as the “healthier bacon,” and then I saw Giada’s Cheese-Stuffed Dates With Prosciutto and knew this was going to be a perfect pair as a grilled wich.
This panini has 500 calories, but it also has whole grain bread, veggies, fruit, and more than half of your protein for the day. If you are eating a lower-calorie diet, you can switch the bread for the 45 calorie/slice bread and save 110 calories and switch 2 of the prosciutto slices for turkey and save 40 calories for a total calorie count of 350. Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!