Makes 20 servings, 2 tablespoons each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 C Puréed Pumpkin
- 1/2 C Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 C Marshmallow Fluff (you can substitute with more Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 T Agave Nectar
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 t Ground Ginger
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 t Ground Allspice
- 1 T Flour (whole-wheat, oat, almond, etc.)
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 T Honey
- 2 T Pecans, chopped (optional)
- To make spread, put all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- To make frosting, mix ingredients together and drizzle on top of the spread. Chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve with graham crackers, wafers, pretzels, apples, or veggies.
30 calories, 0g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 8g carbs, 6g sugar, 1g protein
I think that people just forget how tasty and good pumpkin pies are and after some time we all need a reminder. To make it even better I prefer to make my own fresh Greek yogurt using my trusty Greek yogurt maker. For me, creating this pie was a very good reminder and I am determined to make many more pies with various flavours. I feel like we can experiment with pies a lot and we can create something new and delicious. This is a great example for that because if people didn’t experiment we wouldn’t have pumpkin pie apple butter that is for sure. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to waste a lot of your time. This spread is very versatile! I brought it to a party and used the leftovers to make the following:
Hot Pumpkin Oatmeal:
Just add 2 tablespoons to your hot oats and you’ve got pumpkin oatmeal!
Just add the following ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth: a frozen banana, 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Apple Spread, and ice to taste.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Mix 1/3 cup rolled oats, 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Apple Dip, and 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds and let chill for a few hours or overnight.
Follow me on Instagram (@wellofhealth) for more fun food ideas! What is your favorite way to eat pumpkin?